This dresser/changing table is 25+ years old, but I was able to make it look brand new with some easy steps!
Now a days, changing table/dresser combos cost $200-$400+ which is an expense I personally couldn't afford.
The changing table actually wasn't in bad condition to begin with, but I wanted to spruce it up a little with some new paint and new hardware, so I went to work.
Here's the old dresser (still in great condition however!):
And here's what I did to it:
The supplies you will need are:
Paintbrush or foam brush (I prefer a foam brush)
Mask (optional but recommended)
Tools for removing/replacing hardware
- Choose your paint color- make sure it can be used on wood (or whatever medium you are using). I recommend buying a sample size paint can and trying it out before committing to buying a huge can.
- Remove any hardware from the furniture.
- Use sandpaper to buff down the wood and and smooth out any rough spots. It's easier if you have an electronic hand-held sander, but doing by hand will also work.
- Clean the furniture with a damp cloth. Let dry completely.
- Apply coats of paint, allowing each coat to dry completely in between new coats. Once finished, allow furniture to completely dry for 24 hours before moving it.