August 12, 2014

Ikea Lamp Hack DIY Tutorial

I took this ordinary lamp that had been sitting by my daughter's bed for about a year, and decided to add a couple simple touches to it to turn it into a fabulous vintage piece.
 
This Lampan Table Lamp from Ikea costs $4.99 (that's right!!!). It comes in white, pink, and turquoise. I liked the simplicity of the white when I bought it. I didn't have any intentions of doing anything to the lamp, but it took me about a year for a light bulb (no pun intended) to come on.
 
source
 
source
 Supplies needed:
 
-Ikea Lampan table lamp
-E-6000 glue and/or hot glue gun (I used both)
-extra fabric, decorative items like washi tape, lace, pom pom fringe, etc.
 
That's it!
 
First Step:
I detached the lamp shade from the base (very easy, in fact it comes like that when you buy it). All I did was use the E-6000 glue around the top of the shade to attach the lace.
 
Second Step:
I used a hot glue gun to attach the pom pom fringe around the bottom of the shade. I applied hot glue directly to the lamp shade then carefully placed the fringe around it bit by bit. It was one long piece of pom pom fringe that I cut at the very end once I knew I had enough to cover the entire shade.

 
 
And voila! It totally transformed this $5 lamp into something so much cuter! Once I let the glue dry, I plugged it in to see what it looked like.
 
 
I love how it turned out. It's so dainty, vintage-looking, and fun in my daughter's bedroom. It no longer looks like a simple white lamp.
  
 
I experimented with adding washi tape to the rest of the lamp shade but decided against it, I liked the simple vintage look with the lace and pom pom fringe. 

 
 
The lace also gives it a cool look when it's dark in the room and the light's on. Definitely a cozy addition to reading time before bed!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful job you did here! I love how you transformed the simple lamp into a chic and elegant decor piece. The lace is just classy, and it looks easy to dot too! I'm definitely going to put this on my project list! Thank you so much for sharing. Stay beautiful and awesome!

    Gwendolyn Haynes @ Uttermost

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gwendolyn thank you SO much! Your comment truly brightened my day. I appreciate the feedback and am glad that you are going to try this project out! It is really a fast one. Thanks for reading!

      Delete

I love hearing from you! And yes, I read each and every comment. They make my day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...