I am doing a series of videos on developmental activities/toys for infants and newborns. This video features activities for 4-7 month olds. I will do videos on 8-12 months, 12+ months, etc. so stay tuned for those videos as well.
- Huggies "Caring for Your Baby and Young Child: Birth to Age 5"
- "What to Expect the First Year"
Activities/Toys for Ages 4-7 Months:
- images or books with high-contract patterns (black/red/white)
- bright, varied mobile
- unbreakable mirror
- sing and talk to your baby
- play music for your baby
Milestones by the end of this age period:
- "raking" hand motion
-may transfer items from one hand to the other
- sits up either with assistance or on their own
-rolls from front to back and back to front
- may support their weight while standing on legs
- social player
- recognizes familiar objects and people at a distance