I am doing a series of videos on developmental activities/toys for infants and newborns. This video features activities for 0-3 month olds. I will do videos on 3-6 months, 6-9 months, 9-12 months, etc. so stay tuned for those videos as well.
- Huggies "Caring for Your Baby and Young Child: Birth to Age 5"
- "What to Expect the First Year"
Activities/Toys for Ages 0-3 Months:
- images or books with high-contract patterns (black/red/white)
- bright, varied mobile
- unbreakable mirror
- sing and talk to your baby
- play music for your baby
Milestones by the end of this age period:
- opens and shuts hands
-brings hand to mouth
- takes swipes at dangling objects with hands
- grasps and shakes hand toys
-watches face intently
- follows moving objects
- starts using hands and eyes in coordination
- recognizes familiar objects and people at a distance
- smiles at the sound of your voice
- begins to babble and imitate some sounds
- turns head toward direction of sound
- begins to develop a social smile