November 19, 2014

Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas- Freezer Meal

 
I posted this pictures on Instagram about one of my favorite freezer meals to make ahead of time, Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas! They are SO easy and I love making a huge batch and freezing some, it makes those crazy nights when I don't have time to make dinner so much easier.
 
Some of you asked me to share the recipe, so here it is!
 
Ingredients:
1 can Kirkland premium chunk chicken breast, drained
7 oz can Diced green chiles, drained
10 flour or corn tortillas
1/2 pound shredded cheddar or Monterey jack cheese
1 cup sour cream
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
3.5 oz small can sliced pitted olives, drained
14.5 oz petite diced tomatoes, drained
15 oz can black beans, drained
10 oz can mild Enchilada sauce
 
**I ALWAYS DOUBLE this recipe! So you'll need double all the ingredients.
 
 
Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl. I reserve about HALF of the Cream of Chicken soup, sour cream, and enchilada sauce in a smaller bowl to pour on top of the enchiladas at the end.

 
Spray casserole dishes with non-stick spray then start filling the tortillas. I fill each tortilla with 2-3 scoops of filling. Place folded side down in the dish.

 
Pour the remaining cream of chicken soup, enchilada sauce, and sour cream mixture over the tortillas. I like lots of sauce on the top. Sprinkle liberally with cheese.

 
 
I keep one dish out for dinner that night then cover the rest and write the cooking instructions on the top so I don't have to guess when I pull it out to cook later. The 45 minutes is if it's cold/thawed. If cooking immediately then cook for 30-35 minutes.

 
They are seriously so delicious! I stick it in the oven, make some rice, and usually serve it will shredded lettuce (we were out this time).

I love that so many ingredients are IN the enchilada, including black beans, it's one less thing I have to cook for dinner because it's already included.

Of course you can tweak the recipe however you wish, omitting the olives or green chiles, or using left over roasted chicken instead of canned chicken, etc.

 
If you're going to go to the effort of making one batch, you might as well double or triple the recipe and make 4-5 dinners all at once!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...