June 19, 2012

Feeding Your Toddler



Feeding a toddler can sometimes be hard. My toddler is very picky with what she eats. Here is a list of some of the foods we rotate through for different meals:

Breakfast- poptarts, cereal, pancakes, eggs, french toast, toast, oatmeal, eggo waffles, yogurt.

Lunch- fruit cups, fruit snacks, dried fruit, mini-anything snacks (goldfish, chips ahoy, pretzels, teddy grahams, etc.), sliced hot dog, PB and honey sandwiches, PB & J sandwiches, bread with nutella spread on it, cheese, olives, fruit/vegetables, jello, pasta, rice.

Dinner- usually what we eat, fish, meat, pizza, pasta, spaghetti, etc.

My philosophy is that I don't want my child to expect me to make them anything they want. And I also don't want to just feed my child snack foods. I try to teach her to eat what's in front of her. It has been very hard since she usually spits out food or throws it on the ground, but I know that if she is hungry, she will eat.

Do you have any suggestions for feeding your toddler?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...